REGINA PACIS COLLEGE: A HISTORY
Like the biblical mustard seed, Regina Pacis Girls’ Secondary school started from a very small and humble beginning with a lot of challenges but today has grown into a big citadel of learning producing people in various professions of life.
The word ‘Regina Pacis’ is a Latin word meaning ‘Queen of Peace’. It is one among the numerous titles recognized by the Catholic Church used in addressing the Blessed Virgin Mary who is the mother of Jesus Christ. It is in recognition of the role she has been playing as a mother and bringer of peace both in the church and in the world that when the idea of establishing a sound Girls Secondary School in the FCT came up that the name was adopted.
The idea to establish Regina Pacis came up when the Federal Capital Territory was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991. The idea to establish this sound, quality and high moral standard academy was conceived by His Eminence, Late Dominic Cardinal Ekandem, the then Arch Bishop of Abuja in 1991. The Daughters of Divine Love (DDL) congregation was entrusted with the management of the school under the proprietorship of the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja. Rev. Sister Mary Francis Amanfo became the pioneer Principal.
Regina Pacis Girls Secondary School as it were, commenced full operation on the 22nd November, 1991 at Pope John II Catholic centre Wuse II with a population of about thirty(32) two students, three (3) Reverend Sisters, Four (4) Tutorial and Non-tutorial staff .
As a catholic school, the Regina Pacis College community is known for peace, love and unity. The students on the other hand have the principal as their role model. To maintain this moral standard, the school has kept on with the religious activities synonymous with the Catholic Church. It is worthy of emulation for other schools on the pattern of training in Regina Pacis College. So to say, notwithstanding the high level discipline and academic focus in the school, it is surprising that the students still have optimal social life and character.
The Parents teachers Association of the school was inaugurated in 1992. Dr. and Mrs. L.I. Ofeogbu coordinated and assisted the management in setting up the P.T.A.
The name Regina Pacis Girls’ Secondary School was changed to Regina Pacis College. The name ‘College’ was adopted during the re-accreditation of the Schools in the FCT in which it was stated that schools should be made to run both Junior and Senior Secondary schools.
Today, the school stands as one the finest secondary education institutions in the nations. Our facilities stand as a testament to our goal of providing a fully enriched learning experience to all children who grace our halls. Some of the facilities available to the students include:
- Two fully equipped computer laboratories as well as an e-learning centre
- A well stocked library with a comdusive atmosphere for reading and research
- A well staffed and stocked Clinic to attend to students and staff
- Very well equipped boarding Dormitories with all amenities available
- Fully equipped science laboratories
- Fully equipped Catering department and Fine Arts Studio
- A beautifully designed Chapel which hosts our spiritual activities
- A football field and athletics track as well as other fields for volleyball, handball and other sports
As a catholic school, the Regina Pacis College community is known for peace, love and unity.
Our renowned coaching programs will allow you to:
- Work fewer hours — and make more money
- Attract and retain quality, high-paying customers
- Manage your time so you’ll get more done in less time
- Hone sharp leadership skills to manage your team
- Cut expenses without sacrificing quality
- Automate your business, so you can leave for days, weeks, or even months at a time